Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Having just accidentally stabbed myself in the foot with a falling point-down knife while doing the dishes, it's a little challenging for me to do this right now but that's the point, right? (ah, that was NOT intended as a knife joke - "point", get it?) I'm typing with my foot propped up on the table to try and get the bleeding to stop. Lovely.

In random order, today I am thankful for...
  • Justin. He raves about the dinners I make every night, even when I've slapped something really average together (like frozen salmon burgers and store-bought macaroni salad the other night), and it's awfully sweet of him. He also does the dishes every night which I really appreciate after wrangling the two little ones all afternoon.
  • My 24" iMac. This machine is the best computer I have ever owned (and I've owned quite a few) and I adore it. The big, bright display inspires me to work on pictures, blog, and do all kinds of things. And like all Macs, it's great because it just works. It's true what they say, "once you go Mac, you'll never go back..."
  • Our library. I am a big library patron these days. I get all the books I need - fun books for me, stacks of books for my voracious reader Brooke, my latest book club book, and even the occasional non-fiction book. Right now I'm working on a whole stack of library books and I just love that I can enjoy them and not have to buy them or store them long-term. They have an awesome online system for searching and reserving books, and whenever I hear of a book that I want to grab for myself or the kids, I just log on and request it. Then a few days later, I get an email that it's waiting for me. Easy squeezy. They even have an underground parking garage that has spaces big enough for my mom-mobile and a stroller-friendly elevator. What's not to love?
What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

tiburon said...

Fantastic list! I hope your foot stops bleeding soon!