Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rockin' and rollin' on the potty training...

Woo hoo - I am happy to report that Brooke has not had a #1 accident for two whole days now! She has really mastered peeing on the potty. Before today, I'd been putting her in a pull-up when we left the house, but today I decided to get brave and let her use public toilets. First, she tried the adorable kid-sized real toilet at the kids club at my gym. (this was before they paged me to come get Jack, who had not stopped crying since I left... So my workout was only 12 minutes long. Sigh.) Then, she had a dental checkup this afternoon and used the facilities there. Tonight, we went to Applebee's for dinner and she used the facilities twice! What really tickles me about all this is the look of delight on her face. She is really taking pride in her accomplishment and it makes me very happy.

Now, #2 is another story. She had two accidents today, so clearly we have work to do. Not loving that but hopefully it won't take too much longer for this part of the routine to click for her.

Sorry if this is too much detail on the subject. It's really all that I've been up to since Sunday so I have nothing else to report! I will consider it a big accomplishment when we're done -- way up there on my list of parenting achievements.

2 comments:

Dani said...

YEAHHH Brooke! That is great! Im totally with you on the poo front. August has been dry for days but still WONT doo doo in the potty?? Never had this problem before, so let me know if you find something that works!

Hope Floats said...

Way to go, Brooke!