Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sunnybank 2008


We spent the weekend with my dear friend Marie at her family's beach house on the Oregon Coast. The house is called Sunnybank, and was purchased by her great-grandparents for $300 many, many years ago and has been a wonderful retreat for successive generations ever since. I've been going to Sunnybank for about 14 years now, so it's become a very special place to me and it means a lot to me, now that I'm married with a family, to share it with my husband and kids.



Despite a long drive down (7 hours that should have been more like 5) and a horrendous drive home (8.5 hours of solid traffic!) we had a great time. The weather was fantastic on Sunday and great on Saturday afternoon too.

Brooke was so fired up about playing in the sand that she was ready to head down to the beach as soon as she got up. The time stamp on this picture is 7:25 am. Notice the pajamas and bead head.

Later...

Guess who had the time of his life? Leo!



Rare smile from Jack (must be the Twizzlers). The rest of the weekend he mostly cried.
I chalk it up to the 2 days of fever he experienced right before we left, which I think was teething.


What Jack looked like most of the time. Not a happy camper!


Brooke (with Fancy Nancy sunglasses) and Marie.


Then Jack wanted to try on the Fancy Nancy glasses.


Even my friends Laurie and Mike's darling little guy Ryan got in on the Fancy Nancy fun!

1 comment:

tiburon said...

That looks so fun. When I was a kid we had a beach house down in Oregon - and I have some great memories from there. :)