Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jack's Checkup

My baby boy is a rockstar! He had his one year checkup today (and two shots, poor kid... he cried!) He weighs 24 lbs. 3 oz, which is 50th percentile, he is 31.5" long which is 90th percentile (shouldn't we all be so lucky to be long and lean?) and as expected, his head is 90-95th percentile. He and Brooke have both always had huge heads. At one of his previous checkups, the pediatrician told me it usually comes from one or both parents having a large head - so she measured mine only to find out that it's a good bit OVER the top of the charts for adult head circumference. Grrrreaat. Anyway, Jack is awesome. He's hitting all his milestones and happy as a clam. The doctor was thrilled to hear that he's fully transitioned to whole milk and mostly drinking from a sippy cup. I could throw the bottles away now if I wanted to and I probably will within the next week or so. So hooray for Jack!

One side note that is interesting - I've been tracking the two kids' height, weight and head circumference in a spreadsheet (I know, I'm a nerd) and they are almost exactly the same size at the same age. Jack is a tiny bit heavier than Brooke was at one year (about 3 oz) but he's a boy so I expected that. I wonder how long they will track to one another.

No comments: