Thursday, June 26, 2008

Nightly check-in


I have to confess. I really adore my bedtime ritual of checking on my kids before I go to sleep. They are both such dynamos all day, except for Jack's single nap (he never took two naps, neither did Brooke, who gave up her nap at 20 months of age). They also took about 8 months each to sleep through the night, so my heart still skips a beat seeing them sleeping deeply, blissfully dreaming away.

Just now, Jack had his leg thrown over his stuffed orca whale (his first birthday present, bought at the aquarium on his birthday, and it's almost as big as he is). Brooke was sprawled out on her back, pillow cast aside, breathing deeply. It fills me with tingly, heart-throbbing love and affection to see my sweet babies so still and relaxed and comfortable in their beds.

1 comment:

Dandy said...

I love bedtime too. I sometimes take pictures of them sleeping so when they are older I can look back on fond memories.