Friday, June 13, 2008

The Parade of Wildlife continues

Note: this isn't the actual coyote we saw. My camera was in the other room so I missed it. But it looked just like this only scruffier.

Holy Moly. The kids and I were just now eating breakfast and Brooke said "Look! There's a deer!" Only it wasn't a deer, dear... it was a coyote! In our backyard. I am more and more concerned every day about our kids and our dog being out in the backyard. In the last year we've seen one bear, one coyote, multiple deer, multiple raccoons, and one bobcat. SCARY! You'd think we live in the sticks but no, we live in a 20 year old development in the middle of the metropolitan Eastside of Seattle.

1 comment:

CDR said...

If it makes you feel any better, a raccoon was spotted dining on the cat food in my kitchen this morning.