Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Party of the Year


Well, at least it was the biggest party I plan on throwing this year! Phew! 50 people (of which 20 were children), I made barbecued bratwurst, baked chicken with home made barbecue sauce, my special potato salad (3 batches!), fruit salad, and the assorted veggie & chip appetizers. Oh, and the most popular food item of the day appeared to be Bugles. who knew people were so nostalgic for this salty vending-machine snack?

Jack had a fantastic tie and performed the requisite cake smashing with great skill and aplomb. After he was through, I had to carry him at arm's length up to the bathtub where I quickly stripped and showered him. He was wondering what the heck was going on but there was no choice, he was simply covered in red frosting!

Anyway, on to the pictures. There aren't as many as I wished for but it's hard to be photographer, hostess, and mommy to the birthday boy all at the same time.


The invitations I made. My first foray into stamping - you like? I have a lot to learn but I think they turned out cute.

The cake, pre-smashing.


Notice he even took over Brooke's plate - we had to cut her another piece!

3 comments:

CDR said...

Looks like full-bore craziness. Sorry I missed it.

Hope Floats said...

You did a great job on the invites! I can't believe its been a year already!

tiburon said...

Everything turned out great!! Nice work. I love the cake and the invites!

Happy Birthday Jack!