Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Circus! (and I don't mean my kids)

Today, we went to see the Ringling Bros Barnum & Bailey Circus in Everett. I think I was a little surprised at how much fun we had! Those guys put on an amazing show, and tickets cost less than $20 each, so I have to say I was impressed! Brooke is WAAAYYY into elephants, so I knew she would be thrilled to see the elephants in the show, and Jack was captivated by the lights and music and clowns for about 45 minutes and then he decided he just wanted to get OUT OF MY LAP. And Justin's lap was not cutting it either. At one point Justin had to just get up and take him to the aisle, he was so squirmy. Oh well, I guess you can't expect too much sitting still from a 1 year old.


Brooke thoroughly enjoyed a $12 bag of cotton candy, which was soon ALL OVER her face and hands. We escaped with only one crying fit (Brooke apparently wanted popcorn, REALLY BADLY, but forgot to mention it until we were in the parking garage. Oops.) We had dinner at Chevy's, which was not as good as Justin and I remembered it from years past, and Brooke spilled two huge glasses of ice water on our table which was actually quite comical. But it was fun nonetheless and both kids crashed instantly in their beds when we got home.



Oh, and if you are looking for a funny online circu game that kept my 3-year old laughing hysterically for 1/2 hour the other night, check here.

1 comment:

tiburon said...

The circus is the bomb. Glad you were able to go. Little secret...I have a teensie crush on Bello.