Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Ah, the fact that I am struggling to come up with anything good today tells me this is probably a good exercise for me. So, in no particular order of importance... here is what I'm thankful for today:

  • TiVo. I know, it's shallow, but I love my TiVo. With the new seasons starting up (Grey's and The Office tonight!!) it's nice to know that I can watch my shows when it's convenient for me, which is usually NOT when they are on. TiVo just takes good care of me and makes it possible for me to sleep when I want to sleep, and be with my kids when they are awake, and still not miss the shows that I love. And let's not start in on the long list of real estate shows that TiVo helps me indulge myself in... My parents have recently joined the "TiVolution" and I hope they love it as much as I do!
  • Brooke's pre-school. She is SO HAPPY with school, it is going so well for her and it's also been good for Jack and me. It gets all of us on a schedule at least 3 days a week and while Brooke is learning and playing her heart out every M-W-F, Jack and I get some time together which is precious.
  • Our babysitter, Angela. She has been a God-send for our family! She's been with us for a year now, and every Tuesday and Friday, she steps in and takes excellent care of the kids and the dog for me and even does the kids' laundry for me every Friday. It's wonderful to have her in our lives and I love that when she arrives, she blends seamlessly into our routine. If I haven't gotten the breakfast dishes done, she does them. If the kids want to walk down to the park, she takes them. If the floor needs sweeping, she does it without being asked. She is a great person and I am so lucky to have had her this past year. I know she will go back to a "real job" sometime in the next 6 months or so, and meanwhile I am just really thankful to have her to help me out.

This is our babysitter, Angela, with Jack and Leo, back in May.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.