Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Well, to start with - thanks to Tiburon for this tradition - I'm finally getting on board with the Thankful Thursday tradition. I think I need to remind myself of how much I have to be thankful for. And thanks also to Mindi for the cute graphic. I know you "stole" it from someone, but I don't care, I love it!

This week, I am thankful for:

  • My great kids. I couldn't be more blessed with these two - they are healthy, smart, cute, and all-around wonderful little people. They challenge me every day, and in the end I think that's a good thing (even though it's sometimes pretty rough in the middle!)
  • My sweet and considerate husband. He is an incredible husband and father and I couldn't ask for more in a life partner and co-parent. We are coming up on our five year wedding anniversary and I'm looking forward to some alone time with him to celebrate all that we've built over the last five years!
  • Our little blue house and our big white car. They both take care of business quite adequately and I count on them to be there for us!
  • Awesome hand-me-down clothes from our neighbors. I cleaned out Brooke's closet yesterday and I was amazed at what a large percentage of her clothes are beautiful, high-quality things that her friends Alli and Brooke (aka "The Other Brooke") have worn. It has really helped with my budget for kids' clothes, and allowed me to buy a few really special things each season (like I did yesterday at Gymboree) instead of a ton of really mediocre things.

3 comments:

tiburon said...

Super list - so glad you are playing along! :)

Jess said...

I love hand me downs too! Jen has been SO generous with Ryan's clothes and I couldn't be more appreciative. Kids grow so darned fast!

Jess said...

I love hand me downs too! Jen has been SO generous with Ryan's clothes and I couldn't be more appreciative. Kids grow so darned fast!