Friday, September 5, 2008

First day of pre-school!

Wow! She did it! Brooke had an excellent time at her first day of pre-school. Justin followed us in his car so he could come in and see the classroom and kiss her goodbye. We got there and she dove right into an activity (there was Play-doh out on a table with cookie cutters, one of her favorite activities). She didn't even care that we were leaving. We stole a quick kiss and walked out the door and I don't even think she noticed. I would have been sad except that she was so looking forward to this day and she's been ready for school for a long time now, so the whole experience was 100% positive. When I picked her up, 2.5 hours later, she walked out of the room a little glazed over, but within a minute she was excitedly telling me all about her day. Over lunch she told me that one girl cried and her mommy had to come pick her up. Brooke said she didn't miss me (I asked) and she can't wait for Monday. Awesome, I'm so proud of my girl!

In other news, I am thrilled to say that I just hired a housekeeper! Woo hoo. Every other week, starting next week, and the price I was quoted was $30/month less than what I was prepared to spend (the amount freed up in babysitting dollars now that pre-school has begun). And, they can come while we're out of the house on one of the pre-school mornings, which is perfect. I didn't want to have to get out of the house just because the housekeeper was here. I am doing the happy dance right now!

3 comments:

CDR said...

Outstanding!

Kimberly said...

Aww! WTG Brooke! Too funny about the matching carseats too. Em's backpack is from www.laura-louise.com. It's Stephen Joseph brand. I'm jealous of your housekeeper!

tiburon said...

Look how grown up she is!!