Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Checking off the projects

I finally accomplished a few little things from my list. And Justin came home today! A good day indeed. I was expecting Justin at 9pm, so I was excited to get his early morning call saying he'd gotten on a 9am flight. I picked him up at the airport while the babysitter was at our house, and we had a delightful lunch of soup & salad at the Olive Garden, which my mom will cringe at. The funniest part was that there was a LIVE LADYBUG in our salad, which we brought to the attention of our server... and next thing we knew, the manager came over and apologized, telling us lunch was on him. They even comped our drinks! Wow, score. The ladybug really wasn't that big of a deal but it was nice that they treated us so well. After lunch, Justin accompanied me to the garden center where I picked up the remaining items I needed for my front porch pots (operation Front Porch Spruce Up continues!) and we headed home.

"Hi Mom! Whatcha doin'?"



I also managed to plant the 3 tomato plants I picked up yesterday in my garden. They are now its sole occupants... but not for long. I have a set of very ready cucumber and corn starts in the kitchen window, soon to be followed by pumpkin, rosemary and basil.


I also finished Jack's first birthday invitations - my first foray into rubber stamping in earnest. They turned out pretty good, not A work but they'll do. After I get some 1c stamps tomorrow I can send them out. I took some pictures but figure that would spoil the surprise....

2 comments:

tiburon said...

Sounds like a great day - especially the early flight part! The pots look great - I love them and I am still madly in love with your front door!!

CDR said...

*cringe*

I served a hamburger once that, unbeknownst to me, had a worm on the lettuce. When I summoned the manager over to appease the fattie who was quaffing said meat patty, she took the opportunity to point out to him that our food was that incredibly fresh. WTF?