Friday, May 23, 2008

I got ripped off

Lately, I have been paying even more attention than usual to what I spend on groceries. I'm planning my list pretty carefully, trying to only shop once a week for a big load and then one small trip in between. I'm very conscious of prices, I shop the sales, I stock up when it makes sense, etc. Yesterday I was so happy to have kept my weekly total under $90 (not including meat, which we buy at Costco) and still patting myself on the back as I fell asleep last night for finding taco shells on sale for $1.

Well in the chaos of shopping with two rambunctious kids, I didn't review my receipt until just now. It turns out to my HORROR, I paid $12 for a small bag of grapes! How the heck can that be? My receipt says I paid $3.39/lb when I distinctly remember the sign saying $2.99 which I thought was high but to make it reasonable, I took some out of the bag to make it a smaller portion. I think the scale ripped me off because it says I bought 3.4 lbs. After feeding them to Brooke for dinner and lunch (maybe 12 grapes each time) I just weighed what's left and it's a shade over 1 lb. So there is NO WAY I walked out of there with over 3 lbs. And I'm so irritated. All that hard work on the rest of my bill got blown away by one ripoff that I wasn't paying attention to.

Uggghhh.

3 comments:

Dani said...

I HATE it when that happens. My favorite is when i have all the kids and then notice it when they are all buckled in the car :(

tiburon said...

OH MAN THAT SUCKS!! Adam once came home with a $28 watermelon and not because they rang it up wrong - but because he thought $2 a pound was a good price!

Hope Floats said...

Sour grapes :)