Friday, May 9, 2008

TGIF!


The kids and I are looking forward to the weekend. Not only is it Mother's Day, which traditionally means a fun family outing for us, but my brother Clark is visiting too and Brooke is VERY excited to see Uncle Clark. She has asked me a bunch of questions about him this morning. I have planned a nice dinner for tomorrow night - pork roast, maple glazed yams with orange and cranberries and steamed asparagus. Yumm. I really enjoy cooking when I can take the time to plan something and do it right. To that end, we'll be grocery shopping this morning.

I am also talking to a fence contractor at noon, which I am really anxious about. Our yard is only partially fenced (one side has a real fence, the back has an open split-rail fence that really doesn't keep anyone in or out but delineates the green space behind us). It would be so nice to have a true fenced yard so that we could let Leo out to run around and also so the kids could play while I work in the yard and I don't have to wonder if they've wandered off. I'm afraid of the dollar figure he's going to quote us so I'm hoping he can come up with some creative options.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I feel your pain on the fencing costs. We were quoted crazy amounts and James ended up building it himself.

Dani said...

I hope you guys find a good fence guy. Hopefully it wont be much money either. I can imagine it would be hard not having it totally fenced in with a new puppy and two kids.
And thanks for the info on potty training. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a huge kid in a diaper lol

tiburon said...

How did things go with fence guy? I hope you had a great weekend!