Monday, May 19, 2008

Hot day in the sun

I just uploaded pics from my camera and realized I never blogged about our fun Saturday afternoon. Justin's mom organized a family birthday party for her husband, Jon, at a great park in Redmond called Ferrell-McWhirter Park. This place has farm animals so it was tons of fun for the kids. It was over 90 degrees and muggy... of course, we are major wimps when it comes to heat so we were all wilting but afraid to complain about it. It was the first time I've ever seen Brooke actually sweat. We ended up pouring water on the kids heads, which delighted them and seemed to help keep them cool. I really sympathized with one farm animal there - Dottie the pregnant sow, who was due in "early May" according to the sign on her pen - poor thing was big as a house, panting heavily and clearly miserable. I hope by now those piglets are out and wiggling around in the hay. Having been very pregnant last year at this time (Jack was born June 4th), I couldn't help telling her I knew how she felt!

A few pics...

My pretty girl:

My guys:

Isn't he a doll?

Climbing the big tree:

4 comments:

tiburon said...

I cannot get over how big he is! He definitely favors Justin too :)
They are both darling! I hope you get some relief from the heat - it is so hot here too!

Dandy said...

They have grown so much!

Mindi said...

that tree she is sitting up against is awesome!! and your children are beautiful. looks like fun--

Dani said...

Your kids are SO cute. That heat was CRAZY!!