Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My current project

I have been working on our patio. It really needs to be ripped out and replaced, along with the rest of our back yard, but since that's not in the budget this year or probably even next, I am looking for inexpensive fixes I can do myself. The aggregate concrete had these awful rotten wood dividers that would grow weeds all year long. I got the bug in my bonnet to pry them out and replace them so yesterday, while Angela (our babysitter) was here, I got to work. Man, it was hard work but I got them all out!



I chopped up the weedy old wood and put it in the yard waste bin. Phew. Then, I started the process of power washing the filthy concrete. You can see on the left the panel that is done and on the right the two that are NOT done yet. I need some caustic chemicals to break up the moss that is growing on there before I attempt to finish. Then, when it's all done, I will replace the wood with new pressure-treated wood and sand. But right now the channels are filled with water that has nowhere to drain. So hopefully one of these days the sun will come out and dry it up (not today, apparently - mother nature thinks it's still winter in Seattle!)

1 comment:

Dani said...

Your patio looks so nice!